Jalapeno Chilli & Blue Stilton Cheese Burgers – the flavours meld together to create a seriously good burger for the summer BBQ. You might think these ingredients don’t sound right together, but this is a marriage made in heaven …
Jalapeno Chilli & Blue Stilton Cheese Burger Recipe
Makes 4 burgers
- 1 Kg coarse ground beef (use 500g from the rump and 500g from the short rib)
- 4 jalapeno chilli peppers (seeded and chopped) add more if you like it hot
- 225g blue Stilton Cheese (crumbled small)
- 1/2 small onion (very fine chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (very fine minced)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 slices of very mild chedder cheese
- 4 hamburger buns (split)
- your favourite salad toppings
In a large bowl combine the ground beef, jalapeno peppers, blue cheese, onion, garlic, and soy sauce. Mix well using your hands. When fully mixed evenly divide the burger mixture and pat lightly into 4 large fat patties. These should be made up just before grilling, do not make them up in advance.
Place the patties on the hot BBQ grill (or on a large heavy based griddle) and cook for about 8 minutes per side, or until well done. Place a slice of cheddar cheese on top of each patty, and cover the BBQ grill until the cheese melts. Serve on bugger buns with your favourite salad toppings.